St. Joseph's at La Providencia Center - Bldg. 4
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
"A Retreat in Everyday Life"
Every day men and women are called to deepen their relationship with God. How often have you asked yourself the following questions?
- What does it mean to deepen your relationship with God?
- In what ways are you being challenged or invited to risk what you know for something beyond your wildest dreams?
- When was the last time you shared your desires to know God with someone?
- Does your curiosity move you to seeking a path that will open up a way to God?
- "My way of praying doesn't seem to move me anymore." Does that ring a bell!
If it does an you are already on the spiritual journey, which means that you already have spiritual disciplines built into your everyday experience, then perhaps the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius - The Retreat in Everyday Life is for you.
What are the Spiritual Exercises?
The Spiritual Exercises are a structured way of praying with the Sacred Scripture. It is also called the Retreat in Everyday Life because it is a way of Scripture. It is also called the Retreat in Everyday Life because it is a way of integrating your daily life with your prayer life. Observing the action of God in all the circumstances of your life is an amazing experience.
The pray-er of retreatant makes a commitment to pray for an hour each day on a specific scripture passage, keeps a journal of the encounter with God (what happens in your prayer) and meets with an experienced spiritual director once a week for thirty weeks. This sounds like a long time but whine you are engaged in your prayer, life takes on a new perspective.
We offer this very unique experience to those whose hearts are open to experience God in a deeper, more personal way.
If you would like to explore this possibility for yourself, call 631-273-1187 x411